Experience with diagnosing and troubleshooting operating system and computer/server hardware.
- Experience with networking protocols.
- Experience with navigating and troubleshooting operating systems.
About the job
Bachelor's degree or D.E.C. in Computer Science or Electronics, or equivalent practical experience.
- LPIC or equivalent experience working with Linux (Red Hat, Slackware, Fedora, SUSE, Ubuntu, Debian, Gentoo) or Unix (Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, BSD), and/or another similar OS.
- Experience working with and troubleshooting hardware/network related issues using Linux based tools.
- Understanding of intermediate OS, PC hardware and networking concepts, tools and protocols.
The Hardware Operations team is responsible for monitoring, maintaining and deploying the state-of-the-art physical infrastructure behind Google's powerful search technology. As a Data Center Technician, you'll deploy and maintain Google's advanced Data Center Server and Network Infrastructure. You'll also participate in or lead local project teams on larger installations and develop project contingency plans.
In this role, duties range from the physical deployment of data center-related technology to working closely with the various stakeholders. It will fall to you to ensure that our goals, missions and projects are successfully delivered, and, more importantly, that they are repeatable across our global array of data centers. This position offers a great introduction to the wider engineering world at Google. Depending of your area of interest, capabilities, and geographical mobility, you will have the opportunity to develop either within Hardware Operations or move towards software development, engineering, networking operations or our project management groups.
In this role, areas of focus range from the physical deployment of data center-related technology to working closely with the various stakeholders.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Deploy and maintain Google's advanced Data Center Server and Network Infrastructure.
- Participate in or lead local project deliverables on larger installations and develop project contingency plans.
- Deploy data center-related technology to working closely with the various stakeholders.
- Maintain and troubleshoot data center operations within the hardware, networking and software fields.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.