Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Physics or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in bidding, designing, developing software, commissioning, monitoring, operating, and maintaining PLC/SCADA systems
- Experience with industrial control systems design, network design, security, and system administration
- Experience in generating conceptual schematics and system architecture drawings and specifications
About the job
Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or Physics
- CISSP, CISA, GIAC-GSNA, or GIAC-GCCC certification
- Experience in large-scale data centers’ mechanical and/or electrical infrastructure systems, their cooling or power monitoring and control systems, and their integration
- Industrial control system engineering experience with SCADA packages, and advanced understanding of industrial control system cybersecurity and networking
- Knowledge of basic process controls and development of Sequences of Operations in conjunction with other technical disciplines
- Programming skills in Go, Python, C++, Java or similar in an industrial controls context
Our thirst for technology is a part of everything we do. The Data Center Engineering team takes the physical design of our data centers into the future. Our lab mirrors a research and development department - cutting-edge strategies are born, tested and tested again. Along with a team of great minds, you take on complex topics like how we use power or how to run state-of-the-art, environmentally-friendly facilities. You're a visionary who optimizes for efficiencies and never stops seeking improvements - even small changes that can make a huge impact. You generate ideas, communicate recommendations to senior-level executives and drive implementation alongside facilities technicians.
With your technical expertise, you ensure compliance with codes and standards, develop infrastructure improvements and serve as an expert in your specialty (e.g., cooling, electrical).
In this role, you will be a Data Center Controls Engineer using experience with control system and network security design, development, and maintenance in the area of complex and mission critical facilities including data centers and/or related industries such as chemicals, pharmaceuticals, nuclear, or semiconductors. You will be involved in the development of large-scale facility monitoring and controls infrastructure, from site assessments and concept design to piloting and construction and upgrades.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Develop data center monitoring and control system designs, and networking and/or security roadmaps (basis of design, constructability, infrastructure expansions and retrofits) in a matrixed team environment.
- Manage all control system engineering issues during development, design, bidding, implementation, and testing.
- Generate controls engineering services and materials scope of work for product development, deployment, and infrastructure upgrades.
- Communicate, collaborate, and discuss with internal and external partners on requirements and throughout the process, ensuring that decisions are based on optimizing for a system lifecycle focused design and that stakeholders understand the decision choices throughout.
- Update/maintain internal design specifications, drawings, and standards to the latest configurations.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.