Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Quantitative Social Sciences or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working with databases, SQL database queries/analysis, and experience with other scripting/programming languages (e.g. Python).
About the job
Demonstrated ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment with a focus on knowledge sharing and collaboration.
- Applied knowledge of measurement, statistics, and program evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, with strong attention to detail and well organized to complete workload in a timely and effective manner.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to clearly communicate technical concepts with multiple cross-regional and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills on ambiguous problems.
- Deep interest and aptitude in data, metrics, analysis, and trends.
Trust & Safety team members are tasked with identifying and taking on the biggest problems that challenge the safety and integrity of our products. They use technical know-how, excellent problem-solving skills, user insights, and proactive communication to protect users and our partners from abuse across Google products like Search, Maps, Gmail, and Google Ads. On this team, you're a big-picture thinker and strategic team-player with a passion for doing what’s right. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google engineers and product managers to identify and fight abuse and fraud cases at Google speed - with urgency. And you take pride in knowing that every day you are working hard to promote trust in Google and ensuring the highest levels of user safety.
Within the Trust and Safety organization, the Analytics Programs and Solutions team leverages the power of data to deliver actionable insights to inform decision-making, drive operational excellence, and foster user trust in Google products.
As a Data Analyst on the Analytics Programs and Solutions team, you will support the analytics and insights vision for cross-Google transparency efforts, working closely with non-technical and technical teams to structure measurement frameworks, metrics, and analysis deliverables. You will partner with Analytics Program Managers, Data Strategists, Data Scientists, Compliance, Legal and Product teams on data curation, reporting, deep data analysis and insights on the impacts of abuse and our abuse-fighting efforts.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Trust & Safety is Google’s team of abuse fighting and user trust experts working daily to make the internet a safer place. We partner with teams across Google to deliver bold solutions in abuse areas such as malware, spam and account hijacking. A diverse team of Analysts, Policy Specialists, Engineers, and Program Managers, we work to reduce risk and fight abuse across all of Google’s products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in over 40 languages.
- Help extract, transform, and build data structures, dashboards, and reports to support Trust and Safety’s transparency efforts and other internally sensitive asks. Provide accurate, clean, and meaningful data for a variety of communication and reporting purposes (reports, blogs, decks, dashboards).
- Be comfortable with diverse tables/data sources and tools across Google, and build expertise on how to centralize information in a consistent and qualitative manner.
- Be an expert in translating different types of operational or regulatory requirements into data driven AIs, to provide high quality data output for internal and external stakeholders.
- Help build detailed, holistic, and informative documentation on all analytical initiatives, providing proper tracking and reporting information across stakeholders.
- Solve to scale; use all resources available to you to solve issues and requests at scale.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.