Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location for this position from the following: Atlanta, GA, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Quantitative Social Sciences or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience in data and analytics.
- Experience working with databases, SQL database queries/analysis, and proficient in other scripting/programming languages (e.g. Python)
About the job
Proficient in programming and coding including R, Python and SQL
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, with strong attention to detail and well organized to complete workload in a timely and effective manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment with a focus on knowledge sharing and collaboration.
- Deep interest and aptitude in data, metrics, analysis and trends and applied knowledge of measurement, statistics and program evaluation
- Demonstrated problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills on ambiguous problems.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills to clearly communicate technical concepts with multiple cross-regional and cross-functional stakeholders.
Trust & Safety team members are tasked with identifying and taking on the biggest problems that challenge the safety and integrity of our products. They use technical know-how, excellent problem-solving skills, user insights, and proactive communication to protect users and our partners from abuse across Google products like Search, Maps, Gmail, and Google Ads. On this team, you're a big-picture thinker and strategic team-player with a passion for doing what’s right. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google engineers and product managers to identify and fight abuse and fraud cases at Google speed - with urgency. And you take pride in knowing that every day you are working hard to promote trust in Google and ensuring the highest levels of user safety.
As a Data Analyst on the Analytics Programs & Solutions team, you support the analytics and insights vision for cross-Google Transparency efforts, working closely with non-technical and technical teams to structure measurement frameworks, metrics, and analysis deliverables.
You will partner with Analytics Program Managers, Data Strategist, Data Scientists, Compliance, Legal and product teams on data curation, reporting, deep data analysis, and insights on the impacts of abuse and our abuse-fighting efforts. You are comfortable reducing complexity and love to tell stories out of data.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Trust & Safety is Google’s team of abuse fighting and user trust experts working daily to make the internet a safer place. We partner with teams across Google to deliver bold solutions in abuse areas such as malware, spam and account hijacking. A diverse team of Analysts, Policy Specialists, Engineers, and Program Managers, we work to reduce risk and fight abuse across all of Google’s products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in over 40 languages.
- Help extract, transform and build data structures, dashboards and reports to support Trust & Safety’s transparency efforts and other internally sensitive asks. Provide accurate, clean, and meaningful data for a variety of communication and reporting purposes (reports, blogs, decks, dashboards).
- Be comfortable with diverse tables/data sources and tools across Google, and build expertise on how to centralize information in a consistent and qualitative manner.
- Become an expert in translating different types of operational or regulatory requirements into data-driven action items, to provide high quality data output for internal and external stakeholders
- Help build detailed, holistic, and informative documentation on all analytical initiatives, providing proper tracking and reporting information across stakeholders.
- Solve to scale. Use all resources available to you to solve issues and requests at scale.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.