Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in solutions architecture within web and mobile environments.
- Ability to speak and write in English and one of the following languages fluently: German or Italian.
About the job
MBA and/or Master's degree in Computer Science.
- Experience using and/or managing databases using MapReduce, Hadoop, Spark, Flume, Hive, Impala, Spark SQL, and/or BigQuery.
- Experience with WAN/internet-related technologies and architectures across SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, and cloud productivity suites.
- Experience with the architecture and operational aspects of large-scale distributed systems and with popular technologies in the machine learning/big data ecosystem (e.g., TensorFlow, Spark).
- Experience in data and information management as it relates to Big Data trends and issues within the business.
As a Customer Engineer, you will help companies who choose Google Cloud become more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You will assist fellow Sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our clients and liaise with the Product Marketing Management and Engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends, and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Work closely with small and medium-sized business (SMB) and Sales Development to explore opportunities from the technical perspective and collaboratively qualify opportunities.
- Take responsibility for technical aspects of solutions to include such activities as managing customer meetings, providing product demonstrations, and briefing customer executives.
- Work directly with Google Cloud products to demonstrate integrations in customer environments.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight Google Cloud value proposition using techniques to include slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, and documents.
- Make recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms, and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution providing best practice advice to customers to optimize Google Cloud effectiveness.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.