Google welcomes people with disabilities.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience serving as a pre-sales engineer, or equivalent experience in a partner-facing role, including working as a member of a professional services or systems engineering team.
About the job
Experience working with operating systems, including Chrome.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas of IT infrastructure: Networking (VPN, Wireless, protocols), Identity Management (SSO, SAML, LDAP, ActiveDirectory) and Security (VPN, firewalls).
- Experience architecting and supporting software deployment for large enterprises within Device Management solutions and end user computing.
- Familiarity with Android and Chrome (e.g., with Linux system architecture/administration, Java/HTML5 development, Android development, ADB, etc.).
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
The Google Cloud team helps companies make the switch to Google products and supports them along the way. As a Customer Engineer, you'll work with leading companies and government agencies to ease their transition to the cloud, Chrome Browser, and Chrome devices. You'll swiftly problem-solve technical issues for customers to show how our products can make businesses more productive, collaborative, and innovative, working closely with a cross-functional team of application developers, web developers, and systems administrators, as well as regional and international customers.
As a Customer Engineer, you'll demonstrate excellent technical and organizational skills as part of our Chrome Enterprise Go-to-Market team. In this role, you will engage with customers to understand their business and technical requirements.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Work with the Sales team, helping prospective customers and partners to understand the power of Google Chrome in the Enterprise, explaining technical features, and problem-solving key technical issues. Liaise with the Product Management, Marketing, and Engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google's Chrome Platform.
- Be responsible for technical aspects of solutions to include such activities as supporting bid responses, product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept management, and the coordination of supporting technical resources.
- Demonstrate and prototype integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Make recommendations on use cases, integration strategies, networking products, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure choices, thick client application alternatives, web development platforms, and management policies.
- Travel up to 50% to customer sites, conferences, etc.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.