Bachelor's degree in Design, related discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of professional experience in a design firm, interactive design company, agency, or company working on projects.
About the job
Experience working with physical prototyping, using technologies such as 3D printers, laser cutters, raspberry pi, Coral, and Arduino.
- Exposure to and knowledge of UI/UX best practices in hardware prototyping, tangible interfaces, and experimental UI.
- Portfolio with code samples of original and breakthrough work.
- Extreme attention to detail and consistency.
- Interest in world-changing leaps in technology.
The Creative Lab is a small team of designers, writers, programmers, filmmakers, producers and business thinkers whose mission is to remind the world what it is they love about Google. Our job is to make Google’s magic more magical, help advance and invent Google’s future, and to communicate Google’s innovations, intentions and ideals in ways that makes us all immensely proud.
We are looking for a programmer interested in pushing technical and creative boundaries. This hacker-tinkerer will have an untamed curiosity and interest in guiding experiences and communication through code. This position may include development of interactive interfaces, front-ends, visualizations, physical prototypes, native applications, and web-based products, including server-side implementation. You will work with a team of designers, writers, filmmakers, programmers, and creative tinkerers, while representing the technical side of the Creative Lab, and foster outside agency relationships as well as internal coordination with engineers and researchers.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems-from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can-changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Prototype digital and physical interactive demos.
- Act as a technical partner in the production of Creative Lab projects.
- Experiment with various internal and external APIs and libraries.
- Work with machine learning models, and implement them into projects.
- Learn new technology and platforms.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.