Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location for this position from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; Austin, TX, USA
Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science, emphasizing on computer architecture, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with modern, high-performance CPU architecture and microarchitecture.
- Experience with performance modeling, performance analysis, and workload characterization.
- Experience with C/C++ and scripting languages (e.g., Python).
About the job
PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science, emphasizing on computer architecture.
- Experience in leading CPU performance model development, performance analysis, and workload characterization.
- Knowledge in system software components, such as Linux, drivers, and runtime.
- Proven track record in microarchitecture innovation.
- Familiarity and experience with ARM Architecture.
As a Performance Architect, you'll be the key contributor to the CPU architecture and microarchitecture definitions. You’ll work with micro-architects, hardware and software teams to research innovative ideas. You’ll assess the ideas by using the performance analysis infrastructure that you and your team develop. You’ll profile the workloads and analyze their key performance characteristics, and will also conduct performance analysis and debug performance bottlenecks.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. We aim to make people's lives better through technology.
- Build processor performance analysis infrastructure, which includes preparing workloads, developing performance models, porting a design onto a hardware emulator, and conducting performance and workload analysis.
- Work with the RTL team to correlate the performance model with the RTL.
- Collaborate with key micro-architects to develop and assess microarchitecture ideas.
- Select appropriate industry standard processor benchmarks for goal setting. Define and produce custom in-house benchmark suites using 1st party applications.
- Participate in PPA (Performance, Power, Area) tradeoff analysis for architecture and microarchitecture features. Communicate analysis results in both qualitative and quantitative fashion to support major decisions.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.