Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location for this position from the following: Durham, NC, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA; Austin, TX, USA
5 years of experience working in a contracts operations, negotiations, agreements desk, or related environment.
- Experience drafting, evaluating, and approving contracts or statements of work.
- Experience in process and change management, implementing new, or updating existing processes.
- Experience tracking and translating technical discussions into tasks and next steps.
About the job
Collaborative working style and ability to manage projects with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to manage numerous agreements simultaneously and drive them to successful completion, with a wide range of stakeholders and tight timelines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to formulate and articulate contractual, technical, financial and value points with partners and internal teams.
- Excellent analytical skills, combined with impeccable business acumen.
With the Google Access team, you’ll work on cross-product and cross-team initiatives, working closely with cross-functional team members to refine and evolve our projects, as well as deploy new technologies to markets and communities around the globe. You like being on-the-ground, executing complex projects that bring internet access to people.
As a Contract Operations Manager on the Procurement and Vendor Management team, you will be responsible for owning and operating the agreements lifecycle, including agreement templates, agreement flow, and agreement compliance. You will liaise frequently with Google Fiber’s Strategic Negotiators, legal team members, in-market colleagues, and cross-functional partners to develop and operationalize engineering, construction, and operations agreements, including master agreements. This will require you to understand and advise on agreement terms, supporting and/or leading responses to partner agreement redlines, and communicating directly with internal stakeholders and vendors regarding clarification of Google Fiber’s rationale for agreement terms.
In this role, you will leverage strong process and problem solving skills to understand issues, propose options for resolution, and drive internal and external consensus on a path forward. You will manage projects from scoping to completion.
“My internet is too fast!” ...said no one, ever. Google Fiber’s mission is to deliver abundant, reliable internet on networks that are always fast and open. On our team, you’ll work in a fast-paced environment that’s challenging the status quo in the broadband industry.
- Develop agreements and agreement templates, manage the agreement flow, and own agreement compliance and process oversight operations.
- Facilitate multiple Master Service Agreements and Statements of Work simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Support and/or lead facilitations with partners and assist in reviewing and responding to partner agreement redline, and answer questions regarding contracting templates and fallback positions.
- Support, advise, and train internal teams on contractual provisions, program risk analysis, objection handling, drafting/redlining etc. across Google Fiber’s business units.
- Identify operational inefficiencies, make suggestions for cross-functional process improvements, and implement projects to improve contracting operations.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.