Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location for this position from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA
Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of relevant communications and media relations experience.
About the job
Experience developing multi-faceted communications programs from the ground up.
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly and maintain good acumen in fast-paced environments.
- Strong proactive storytelling skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
As a member of the Global Communications & Public Affairs team, you will work cross-functionally to help communicate with journalists and other thought leaders; devise specific communications materials and campaigns; engage in face-to-face meetings with commentators and other opinion formers; and develop print and web-based material supporting these campaigns. We're looking for great communicators who can understand complex issues and explain them in person and also via well written, simple blog posts, FAQs, video scripts and more.
Search is core to our identity and mission to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful. In this role, you will be responsible for shaping the story of the evolution of Google Search and our ongoing innovation. You will support teams working on enhancements in language and image understanding and enhancing how people access information through Search. You’ll be a key player in leading our innovation events and collaborating with international colleagues to scale this story globally. And you will work closely with senior executives to share the vision for how Search will continue to innovate, evolve, and support creators in the future.
It's our job to help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders-and our own employees-about the benefits of Google's products, our distinctive company culture/values, and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. To succeed here, you'll combine creativity with organizational skills to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines simultaneously, as well as enjoy pitching to journalists, bloggers and commentators, or producing internal communications and events for our employees. Things happen quickly at Google and to get stuff done here you need to be an enthusiastic team player who can work cross-functionally and isn't hesitant to take risks or try new things.
- Develop and refine Google's narrative around innovation and vision for the future of Search.
- Serve as key strategist and media lead for events and product launches, working closely with teams across the organization, including Search product, marketing, public policy, and partnerships teams.
- Work closely with senior product leaders to grow their thought leadership and share our vision for excellent search with media and users.
- Develop and maintain close, productive relationships with journalists, key partners, and influencers in the tech, business, and ecosystem press, representing Google as a company spokesperson.
- Think creatively, take smart risks, and address tough issues as they arise.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.