Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working in roles such as collections, cash operations, customer service, claims processing, consultative business, account management, or performance solutions.
About the job
Experience in developing healthy customer partnerships.
- Data extraction, analysis, and reporting experience.
- Experience working in the digital advertising industry.
- Experience working in Collections/O2C/Customer Service space.
- Ability to connect with relevant teams and colleagues seamlessly and proactively to solve problems.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize tasks accordingly.
The Finance Operations team manages Google's cash transactions on a global basis and ensures that Google's incoming and outgoing cash processes are controlled, effective and efficient. As a member of this team, you'll find innovative ways to manage our complex set of transactions. You thrive on making processes more efficient and scalable, you work to ensure the highest level of quality of our operations and you proactively minimize operational risk. Externally, you collaborate with our outsourcing partners and internally, you collaborate across the five areas of the Financial Operations team: Global Revenue Operations, Procure to Pay, Electronic Payment Services, Business Process Outsourcing, and Payroll.
Collections Operations is responsible for converting Google's business into cash. We are relied upon heavily by internal and external stakeholders alike to provide the highest quality customer service.
The Chicago-based team provides exceptional support to some of Google's largest clients in North America. We rely heavily on creative problem-solving to fix issues at the root cause. We discuss payments outcomes and triage complex payment blockers. We are product-agnostic, and we collect on nearly all of Google's actively monetizable products. We are trusted advisors to the business, our clients, and other Finance teams within the Revenue-to-Cash (RCO) organization (and beyond). Join our diverse team of highly-motivated professionals!
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Develop and maintain relationships with counterparts on the external customer and internal business side to understand billing and payments experience for Google customers.
- Leverage understanding of customer needs, Google’s products and systems to identify and proactively address drivers of non-payment, and provide ongoing consultation and support to stakeholders on questions related to Google’s policies and processes.
- Partner with Operations Management team and Collections process tower to proactively surface operational feedback and address process gaps/issues.
- Promote customer adoption of process changes and new platform offerings to improve billing and payment experience and provide customer feedback to Process and Product Management teams.
- Drive resolution on billing and payment problems by troubleshooting issues faced, understanding root cause and interfacing with Finance, Business, and Product teams on driving quick and efficient resolution.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.