Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience troubleshooting and advocating for customers' needs.
- Ability to work non-standard hours, including on-call rotations, evening/overnight, weekends, and holidays etc.
About the job
Experience implementing, administering, and troubleshooting network infrastructure devices.
- Experience using techniques such as packet capture/packet analysis, artificial packet creation, load testing, and traffic path analysis to troubleshoot network latency, packet loss, and other performance issues at the packet level.
- Experience with any of these cloud solutions: SQL database administration, Google App Engine, open source software communities, Cloud networking solutions, or distributed computing technology.
- System/network administrator level knowledge of Linux/Unix or Windows systems.
- Understanding of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, Routing, VPNs, VLANs, Peering, Load Balancing, etc).
- Understanding of basic web technologies (HTTP, HTML, DNS, TCP, etc).
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Cloud Technical Solutions Engineer, you will own our largest and most important customer issues in addition to providing assistance to our other support teams. You will be a part of a global team that provides around the clock support to help customers seamlessly make the switch to Google Cloud. When customers cannot resolve issues themselves, your job is to ensure that we have the necessary tools and processes to swiftly resolve the issue with as little customer effort as possible.
You will troubleshoot technical problems for customers with a mix of debugging, networking, system administration, updating documentation, and when needed, coding/scripting. You will make our products easier to adopt and use by making improvements to the product, tools, processes, and documentation.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Manage the customer’s problem through effective diagnosis, resolution, or implementation of new investigation tools to increase productivity for customer issues on Google Cloud Platform products.
- Develop an understanding of Google's product technology and architectures by troubleshooting, reproducing, and determining the root cause for customer reported issues, and building tools for faster diagnosis.
- Act as a consultant and subject matter expert for internal stakeholders in Engineering, Sales, and Customer Organizations to resolve technical deployment obstacles for improvement.
- Understand customer issues and advocate for their needs with cross-functional teams to find ways to improve the product, and drive high-quality production.
- Work with a team of Engineers/Consultants that globally ensure 24 hour customer support.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.