Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location for this position from the following: Dublin, Ireland; London, UK
Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in operations management, internal and external relationship building and working across cross-functional teams
- Experience reviewing or exposed to sensitive content as part of removal flows, calibrations and escalations management.
About the job
Familiarity with Google products, infrastructure, and types of online abuse
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work successfully in cross-functional teams, including with senior stakeholders and executives.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Trust & Safety team members are tasked with identifying and taking on the biggest problems that challenge the safety and integrity of our products. They use technical know-how, excellent problem-solving skills, user insights, and proactive communication to protect users and our partners from abuse across Google products like Search, Maps, Gmail, and Google Ads. On this team, you're a big-picture thinker and strategic team-player with a passion for doing what’s right. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google engineers and product managers to identify and fight abuse and fraud cases at Google speed - with urgency. And you take pride in knowing that every day you are working hard to promote trust in Google and ensuring the highest levels of user safety.
As a Child Safety Operations Manager within the Trust & Safety Team, you’ll be part of a global team that ensures the seamless detection and removal of content across the broad spectrum of online child abuse and exploitation. Through your close partnerships with Legal, Policy, Product, and Engineering, you'll define and implement our enforcement strategy, and manage global time-sensitive escalations and incidents with minimal impact to our users, business, or brand. You’re an organized expert in operations, and a thought leader who is willing to challenge the status quo, and strive for scaled operational excellence in all facets of your work.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Trust & Safety is Google’s team of abuse fighting and user trust experts working daily to make the internet a safer place. We partner with teams across Google to deliver bold solutions in abuse areas such as malware, spam and account hijacking. A diverse team of Analysts, Policy Specialists, Engineers, and Program Managers, we work to reduce risk and fight abuse across all of Google’s products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in over 40 languages.
- Drive the development of innovative, best practice enforcement processes, research, design and implementation across child safety workflows.
- Analyze, prioritize and action external intelligence and internal expertise to increase volume and accuracy of content detected and actioned, and reduce manual reviews, and to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Serve as a POC on high profile and urgent content removal escalations liaising with Product, Policy, Communications and Legal teams. This will involve exposure to graphic, controversial, and sometimes offensive content.
- Understand issues, trends, and perspectives that may influence enforcement strategy and operations. Identify problems and issues across organizations and create programs and processes to solve them proactively.
- Manage multiple interdependent projects of moderate to high complexity and scope. Work collaboratively cross-functionally to ensure coordination and alignment on objectives and key results.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.