Applications will be accepted through August 5, 2021.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of experience in operations, strategy, management, or product operation roles with responsibilities of building relationships and leading strategic and operational initiatives.
About the job
Experience working with engineering or operations teams with exceptional technical acumen.
- Experience executing complex strategic and operational initiatives with exceptional problem-solving, analytical skills, and business acumen.
- Outstanding problem-solving, strategic, and analytical skills, with comfort navigating ambiguity.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across organizational boundaries, builds relationships, and imports and exports talent and ideas to achieve a broader organizational goal.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly with executive-level stakeholders and team leads.
In the Chief of Staff role, you will lead the strategy and operations of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Google’s growing global team of Software Engineers (SWEs), and System Engineers (SEs) who collectively make Google work.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Partner with senior leaders within SRE, Engineering, and other cross-functional teams to develop and execute technical and organizational programs and operations.
- Establish the operational cadence of the organization, build trusted relationships, and serve as an escalation point.
- Flex across both strategic and operational efforts, including leading and contributing to the growth, development, and overall health of the organization.
- Ensure effective communication, alignment, and execution of the organization’s strategy and roadmap both within the organization and with Google more broadly, run projects and strategic organizational efforts, and help to run the business cadence.
- Aid in conflict management and resolve 'sticky' situations.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.