Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Physics, a similar field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience with consumer hardware
- Experience with MATLAB or Python coding skills to develop automated test tools for objective audio testing
About the job
Master's or PhD in Electrical Engineering or similar field
- Experience with any of the following: DSP tuning, acoustics design, speakers, or microphones
- Experience with Soundcheck, Audio Precision, HEAD Acoustics, Comsol. Ability to use the industry standard schematic capture tools and layout implementation of responsible subsection
- Working knowledge of audio amplifier, audio codec, and audio DSP for voice processor and/or microphone ASIC
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
Google engineers develop the technologies that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. As a member of an extraordinarily creative, motivated, and talented team, you develop new products that are used around the world. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Define the audio subsystem for consumer electronics devices ensuring that product features and requirements are mapped to system design.
- Evaluate audio amplifiers and microphones to ensure performance and features meet performance needs. Collaborate with internal stakeholders and drive vendors to meet our next generation requirements.
- Help develop and review audio schematics and PCB layouts to ensure best practices are maintained. Bring up and validation of the design will be part of each design cycle.
- Work with cross-functional teams to help deliver brownout, thermal, and audio DSP tuning for telephony, speech recognition, and media playback use cases.
- Contribute to our roadmap by investigating new technologies and delivering new features.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.