Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in the verification of designs such as CPUs, embedded systems, or peripheral controllers.
- Experience with verification methodology such as UVM/OVM/VMM.
- Experience with C++, SystemVerilog, and SVA.
About the job
Experience with the full verification lifecycle.
- Experience with secure silicon design or verification.
- Experience with functional coverage.
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
With your technical expertise, you lead projects in multiple areas of expertise (i.e., engineering domains or systems) within a data center facility, including construction and equipment installation/troubleshooting/debugging with vendors.
The OpenTitan team encompasses every aspect of secure embedded hardware development, including digital design, system integration, secure OS development (Tock, written in Rust) side channel and fault injection analysis, and shepherding the design through certifications.
You will work closely with OpenTitan’s Security and Hardware technical leadership, communicate with an audience of varying levels , and engage in debate to reach broadly accepted technical conclusions.
- Conduct pre-silicon design verification of complex embedded systems, building new verification environments, methodologies, and infrastructure within an open source environment.
- Collaborate with design engineers to deliver functionally correct IP blocks.
- Identify and write stimulus to improve coverage and verify corner-cases.
- Track and improve verification metrics to show progress towards tape-out.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.