Bachelor's degree in Finance or Tax with an emphasis in Data Science/Information Systems or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience designing, installation and managing SAP S/4 Hana, GRC, Solution Manager, TMS/Charm, BW, BW4/HANA, MDG
- Experience working with finance, accounting, and/or tax stakeholders
About the job
Vertex O Series certification
- Experience with complex enterprise IT and business systems infrastructure and ability to troubleshoot issues
- Experience working with engineering teams and system deployment lifecycle
- Knowledge of Vertex global tax engine (e.g, O Series and LITE)
- Functional and/or technical knowledge of ERP systems and their various modules
- Knowledge of SAP BRF+
Google's in-house tax team knows all things corporate tax. Made up of smart, perceptive Googlers with a flair for domestic, international, and sales and use tax, the knowledge and expertise of this team runs deep. You have years of experience in this field and an extensive knowledge of those tax issues most relevant to internet companies. While we don't give our Googlers individual tax advice, you make it easy for Googlers to get what they need to make good tax decisions. You find ways to work smarter by streamlining and automating our tax processes and systems, and find ways to be both innovative and compliant.
Google's in-house Tax Technology team is expanding rapidly. In this role, you will help develop, deploy and support in-house and third-party tax engine/software and applications to improve Tax calculation and reporting. You will be working with cross-functional Engineering, Infrastructure and Tax teams helping to shape the internal transaction tax systems as well as supporting new projects.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Support Tax Technology infrastructure/requirements to enable performance, security, high availability and scalability interacting with business analysts, System Administrators and Tax Technology team members
- Perform operational duties in a large-scale, complex environment, coordinating patching/upgrades, environments connection with tax engine, implementing backup and monitoring procedures
- Maintain relationships with third-party vendor products teams (SAP, Vertex, other partners) to resolve any issues
- Own Access/Security governance to the Tax Engine, and be responsible for regression testing for Sales, Purchasing, Intercompany and boundary systems transactions
- Support Project teams composed of multi-disciplinary teams including business analysts, systems analysts, business users and finance users
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.