Individuals applying for this position will not be eligible for immigration sponsorship.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location for this position from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3 years of experience in executive support, project management, or event planning.
About the job
Ability to build strong partnerships both internally and with external vendors, and communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions.
- Ability to work long flexible hours at certain times of the year depending on event load.
- Ability to manage a diverse range of projects efficiently in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and think, plan, and execute resourcefully.
- Exceptional budget management and the ability to communicate with vendors as needed.
- Ability to have complete confidentiality on all business matters, and be a proactive thinker.
- Self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented, with solid ownership of work.
As an Administrative Business Partner, you're at the heart of your team's business operations and activities and the soul that keeps your team moving forward. You anticipate the needs of your managers and team members and help them stay focused on their projects by resolving operational and administrative issues before they arise. You move quickly with the changing environment and are up to date with the latest Google products and services. You also use that knowledge to strategically support your team's projects. In addition to being organized and analytical, you possess the strong business judgment and communication skills needed to interact with a variety of people and job functions.
As an Administrative Business Partner (ABP), you will support a VP and a director, and you will also assist in event planning work on the Internal Events team. You will anticipate the needs of your executives and help them stay focused on their projects by resolving operational and administrative issues before they arise. On the Internal Events team, you will partner with the Internal Events Manager and other planners on the team to execute event production and logistics for major events virtually, hybrid, and on campus as well as some off-site events.
Administrative jobs at Google are staffed by organized and dependable people driven by a common company goal: to help us accomplish great things. Working behind the scenes, we make a significant impact on the people we support as well as on Google users around the world. We're adept at leading and managing a variety of simultaneous projects, which requires the particular talent of being able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Perform an extensive array of administrative tasks (e.g.manage calendars, book travel, and schedule facilities and equipment).
- Partner with the ABP People Partner on projects within the broader Google ABP community.
- Work with the Internal Events team on all aspects of event production for Google’s most sought after internal events: content and program development, design, AV production, vendor management, logistics, internal communications, registration, catering, security, transportation, signage, shipping, staffing, and event budget.
- Support special projects for the team as needed.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.