Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent practical experience
- Professional qualification CIMA/ACA/ACCA or equivalent.
- Experience with US GAAP and ASC 606/IFRS 15.
About the job
Experience in the areas of agreement review process improvement, business system implementation, project management, and quality control.
- Experience in Google Sheets, PLX, data analysis, SQL or equivalent.
- Collaborative style, and ability to work with cross-functional and international teams at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and to articulate technical accounting guidance to non-technical audiences, conduct technical accounting research and document findings.
- Strong work ethic and communication skills, excels in a fast-paced environment, and adaptable to changing responsibilities, and priorities with commitment to excellence and impeccable ethical standards and integrity.
Google accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities at Google. You know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You'll advise on financial reports required by governmental regulations, and review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team become more efficient and effective. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our global team, advocate best practices and pitch in where needed. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support business objectives.
The International Controllership seeks to ensure that any Alphabet company can do any business in any country. This organization forms an integral part of Alphabet’s global controllership, working closely with our global operations team, professional service providers, in-country business leaders, and the broader Finance, Tax and Legal teams. You will be within the EMEA Google Cloud Controllership, combining financial and business controllership for the Google Cloud Product Area.
The Google Cloud Deal Revenue Recognition team supports the Google Cloud Business Finance team with the review and documentation of non-standard accounting terms on agreements executed with enterprise customers. In this role, you will collaborate with cross-functional team in Finance, Business, Sales, Legal, and Operations during agreements conversations. You will be tasked with providing value added feedbacks to structure agreement terms that maximize business for the Google Cloud business. You will actively participate in supporting the Google Cloud Finance team in monthly accounting close.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Manage the review and approval of Google Cloud business agreements, ensuring appropriate business recognition in accordance with IFRS 15/ASC 606.
- Provide technical accounting and business recognition advice to Sales and Commercial teams, influencing optimal agreement structures to minimize financial risk.
- Build robust relationships with key business stakeholders and advise on developments in accounting and financial reporting, related company policies, and the external regulatory environment.
- Partner with the global Controllership team to understand industry, product, and business related trends that pose potential financial, operational or reputational risk to Google within your region.
- Work closely with Accounting Operations to ensure all contractual adjustments are appropriately reflected in results and supported with analyses and documentation for financial reporting, and partner with Technical Accounting, Legal, Compliance, and other business groups to drive process improvements in this area.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.