There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
We are looking for a Safety Coordinator to provide safety leadership and coordination for the GM Desert Proving Grounds in Yuma, AZ! This is an exciting opportunity that includes engineering, projects and initiatives to build, improve and sustain compliance to regulatory requirements and conformance to GM standards. IN this role you will lead workplace safety and ensure that safety system standards are met. As the safety coordinator you will contribute to our collaborative environment working closely with business leadership, employees and external stakeholders to protect GM's reputation and drive continuous improvement!
Additional Job Description
- Is the Lead safety professionals to support a site in the implementation of safety processes.
- Develops valuable strategic direction that drives successful execution of Global Workplace Safety(GWS) Strategy Deployment at the site level.
- Responsible for driving successful execution of the annual GWS action plans at the sites, providing Site GWS Champions with clear direction, education and tools to be effective roadblock busters for their respective functions, requiring local/regional regulatory requirements and GM requirements are understood, implemented, and assessed at site.
- Partners with peers to share and demonstrate good practices across the site, supports the site operations leadership and other key GWS functions at the site.
- Assists or coordinates the resolution of government safety violations or citations.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- 30 hour OSHA safety Certification
- Strong interpersonal skills in facilitation, negotiation, and conflict resolution
- Strong analytical, organizational, and project management skills
- Experience and ability to utilize HR Systems and Computer Software Applications
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, and accomplish tasks under minimal direction
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Business Administration, or a related field
- Master’s degree in Occupational Safety or Industrial Environmental Health
- 5 or more years in a safety related role
- Project management experience
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.