There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
As a member of the Supply Chain team, you will be responsible for support in one of the key areas: supply chain systems and processes, scheduling and material management.
You will act as a liaison between GM Lockport and our customers, planning and scheduling shipments.
Executes deliverables in support of the supply chain organization's business objectives. Guides of one of the key areas within the Global Supply Chain to ensure business objectives are met or exceeded in all areas including customer management, and financial initiatives.
Position communicates to all levels of the organization, within the function as well as other functions and customers. Position is responsible for cultivating a strong relationship with GSC planners, shipping team, and supporting relationship management with customer representatives.
- Ability to understand and assess complex supply chain issues and work cohesively with planner to successfully resolve issues minimizing impacts to customer shipments.
- Assess changes to customer requirements and impact on manufacturing production.
- Collaborate with Planners and shipping team to ensure clear and concise communication of all shipping requirements..
- Ability to summarize critical issues with resolutions and communicate to leadership
- Handle very complex capacity constraint issues to resolution with goal to eliminate potential plant disruptions and reduce premium transportation.
- Analyze metrics supporting customer critical issues or sufficiency plan resolution.
- Ability to be flexible and at times work extended and non-core hours to ensure issues are worked to resolution.
- Ability to problem tackle complete issues and implement new and innovative strategies.
- Deep understanding of Supply Chain functions
- Back up responsibilities for Bill Out Clerk.
Additional Job Description:
- Bachelors Degree is preferred but not required.
- Minimal of 2 years supply chain experience is required.
Business intelligence skills to transform raw data into meaningful and useful information for business analysis purposes.
Strong analytical capability.
Have a strong knowledge of MS-Office ( mainly Excel), and Power BI
Additional Job Description
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.