There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
As a leader in Logistics, you will be responsible for managing and leading a team in one of the key areas within the Inbound Logistics Organization:
Position will be responsible for managing the supplier relations and developing sourcing strategies for expiring contracts for inbound truck purchasing. In addition, role will be responsible for the Future programs team for logistics.
Lead a team and provide employee development, training, and drive the performance management process as well as manage an efficient organizational structure.RESPONSIBILITIES:
Additional Job Description
- Executes deliverables in support of the inbound purchasing and future programs group within the Global Logistics and Containers organization
- Position communicates to all levels of the organization, within the function as well as other functions and suppliers Position is responsible for supporting relationship management with logistic suppliers and service providers
- Ability to understand and assess complex logistics issues associated with inbound truck and lead teams in a cross functional environment to successfully resolve issues minimizing impacts to vehicle production and logistics budget
- Lead a team to manage the bid process and supplier negotiations for expiring contracts.
- Manage LLP provider associated with the purchasing tasks
- Collaborate cross functionally to develop creative solutions.Ability to summarize critical issues with resolutions and communicate to leadership
- Handle very complex capacity constraint issues(driver by both internal and external factors) to resolution with goal to eliminate potential plant disruptions and reduce premium transportation.
- Support SSE, Freight Verify and Sustainability targets
- Coordinate future program strategies for logistics. Work collaboratively with PPM, program teams and inbound/outbound logistics team.
- Ability to travel to plant locations and supplier locations as needed
- Ability to problem tackle complete issues and implement new and innovative strategies.
- Bachelors Degree
- Degree in Engineering, Accounting, Business, Supply Chain Management and/or MBA preferred
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.