There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
What You do
Connected Ecosystem Integration employees develop the technology enabling a new generation of connected vehicles. This technology is a key enabler to things like smarter car sharing programs, more advanced active safety and even autonomous driving. These capabilities exist through the largest implementation of 4G LTE in the automotive industry and a vehicle wired to collect thousands of data elements. Our environment requires an architecture that can support over 900,000 vehicle transactions per hour with sub-second response times. 4G LTE capability has been described as an "untapped, under-appreciated opportunity" valued at $350M in improved 2018 profits. The innovation our teams are driving is game changing to the consumer, to the industry and to the company.
This Software Developer role requires a strong foundation in software development, support, data structures and databases. The Software Developer will work in an agile team of experienced developers and architects that ensures that designs and quality are meeting GM requirements. The Software Developer will be involved from sprint planning and see it through deployment. The individual in this role understands the value of an elegant software design and the importance of building solutions that matter. Creativity, drive, and initiative are imperative to the success of the Software Developer at GM.
Who You Are
What You Need
- 2+ years’ experience delivering Java / JEE Business Solutions
- 2+ years’ experience of the full software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- 2+ years’ experience SQL/Oracle
- 2+ years’ experience with OO analysis and design experience
- Experience in delivering enterprise solutions with Spring Framework using Spring boot, JDBC Security and Micro services
- Proficiency with Git, JDBC, SQL database-stored procedures and isolation levels, JPA, Web Services (SOAP and/or REST) and XML
- Proficiency with Agile Dev Techniques (including TDD, JUnit, Mocks, Pair Programming)
- 4-year College/Master's degree preferably in computer science, software engineering, information systems, mathematics, data analytics or statistics or equivalent experience
- At least 3+ years relevant experience in the business environment
- Experience with Agile teams that have regularly delivered software while practicing code reviews
- creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components in front-end and back-end work
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.