Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the Team
The IT team is a group of exceptional individuals responsible for successful Corporate Technology service delivery to Foursquare team members globally. This group manages the administrative, logistical and technical support for day-to-day corporate technology functions. They are responsible for planning and delivering integrated information services to enable internal Foursquare team members to access services and information they need, when and where they need it
About the role:
Foursquare is looking for a hands-on Help Desk Manager to join our team. This person will be responsible for daily operations in our New York City office including setting up AV for large events, conference room support, and serve as an escalation point for Level I and II Helpdesk issues globally. This individual would also be required to define and track success metrics and KPIs for the IT-Support team. As a qualified candidate, you should have a strong technical background, strong customer service experience, a problem-solving attitude, and the ability to motivate your team to achieve specific goals.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Establish and maintain a culture of trust between IT and end users within the Company
- Ensure end-user onboarding and offboarding processes are meeting company IT security controls and compliance requirements
- Work closely with HR and Facilities to manage and optimize new hire onboarding processes
- Serve as point of information and direction for Helpdesk Technicians to manage escalation procedures and ensure that the highest service levels are maintained
- Maintain an accurate inventory of hardware and software.
- Manage SSO applications and directory services.
- Coordinate with different teams across the organization to identity areas of opportunity in which IT can provide solutions for
- Work closely with the Security Team to ensure Foursquare systems are protected and secure; and processes are maintained to ensure safety and auditablility.
- Establish, achieve and report on IT Helpdesk SLAs while leveraging data to drive improvements
- Assist in managing IT team budget and expenses
- Work closely with vendors to facilitate improvements and renewals.
- 4+ years of experience in an IT Helpdesk support role
- 1+ year leadership experience
- Soft Skills - a positive attitude and strong work ethic. Ability to get things done and provide excellent customer service to the end-user. Must have good communication.
- Experience with G-Suite, Github Enterprise, Atlassian, JAMF, macOS, AV and event support, Directory Services (Okta, JumpCloud, or similar),
- A working knowledge of network administration
- Experience with vendor management
- Some Windows support experience
Nice to have:
- Experience with software procurement processes
- Ability to travel domestically to other Foursquare offices (20 days out of the year)
- Windows management platform exp. (<10% of our fleet are PCs)
- Experience with Bettercloud
Perks and benefits:
- Learning and development programs from ICs to managers
- Individual, professional coaching for all full-time employees
- Flexible time off - rest and recharge when you need it!
- Comprehensive and competitive health, vision, dental, life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Home office setup: you get all necessary hardware and internet reimbursement
- Family planning programs via Carrot and Maven
- Employee Resource Groups to help you stay connected
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.