Build the products that power global trade.
Flexport's mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. To achieve this goal, the Flexport User Experience (UX) team creates end-to-end experiences for our clients, partners, and operations teams. We are seeking a Senior Researcher to build a deep understanding of users' problems and turn user research into actionable insights that drive decision making. This individual enjoys solving challenging problems and empowering the team to move forward by developing metrics, measuring results, and integrating new methodologies into existing systems. User Researchers are key stakeholders in the product development lifecycle, from collaborating with cross-functional partners and formulating the product vision to ensuring high-quality implementation. To be successful, User Researchers must be relentlessly curious, methodical, communicate clearly, and consistently balance user and business needs. Join us as we lay the foundation of our vision for global trade.
As a researcher on the Marketplace team, you will drive the end-to-end research initiatives across many functions and multiple tools. You'll inform product directions and decisions that enable us to create the best processes and strategies for procurement, pricing, sales, and financial purposes globally.
You should have:
- Establish domain knowledge and empathy for end users in a specific product area
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to identify research opportunities and manage research priorities
- Plan the research strategy, using appropriate methodologies to achieve product goals
- Conduct a variety of user research activities, including surveys, field research, analogous research, co-creation, diary studies, usability testing (remote and in-person), etc.
- Learn to incorporate quantitative data and qualitative research findings into actionable insights
- Present research insights in a memorable and compelling narrative
- Keep the team focused on the users throughout the product development lifecycle
- Contribute to onboarding new researchers
- 2+ years of professional user research experience
- End-to-end experience with most aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, storytelling)
- Solid communication, presentation, social, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Experience applying research insights to creative design solutions
- Experience working in highly collaborative design teams, or other multidisciplinary teams
- A degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Statistics, Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology or related field, or equivalent practical experience
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That's why it's our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We're excited about the three big ways we're moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don't be! We're building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That's why it's incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What's freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it's what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That's why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.