Be part of the team fueling Flexport's growth
As the University Recruiting Coordinator you will work hand-in-hand with the University Recruiter to facilitate university recruiting processes and activities, interacting directly with candidates and hiring managers in managing and coordinating the various phases of the process. You will provide candidates with their first impression of Flexport by being the face of Recruiting to candidates, curating their candidate experience. You should possess phenomenal communication skills, collaborate with internal and external clients and candidates, have excellent organizational skills, and the ability to think on your feet. We are looking for an applicant that is excited by the prospect of building an incredible organization of talented individuals.
Our team values candor, long-term thinking, and teamwork. The recruiting team is growing rapidly and will provide many opportunities for ownership and development.
You Should Have:
- Coordinator you will work alongside the recruiter to coordinate event logistics and to staff events ‑ including presentations, interviews, campus activities and events, conferences, etc.
- Assist in planning and executing campus and office interviews; this will include creating interview schedules, developing supporting materials, obtaining space, assisting candidates with the reimbursement process if needed, catering, interviewer sign-up and greeting candidates.
- Utilize application tracking, interview scheduling systems, and google docs to maintain candidate data and interview schedules.
- Be a point of contact for candidates and hiring manager and assist with answering questions.
- The opportunity to participate in special project assignments to develop processes and tools for university recruiting.
- Work on developing the university program for our summer interns and other collegiate programs
- Be asked to perform other various administrative duties related to university recruiting.
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills
- Detail oriented with a focus on quality results/deliverables
- Outstanding client service focus
- Ability to be self-guided and motivated, working to complete tasks thoroughly and requesting assistance, when necessary
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, high caliber and dynamic environment
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That's why it's our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We're excited about the three big ways we're moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
- Don't be! We're building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That's why it's incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What's freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it's what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That's why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.