Enable Flexport to become the most trusted company in global tradeThe Opportunity
Flexport's Chief Information & Security Officer (CISO) organization is looking for a passionate, results oriented Technical Program Manager with Business Technology focus. In this role you will manage the delivery of complex technology programs/projects in a diverse environment with multiple technical and non-technical stakeholders and multiple resource pools, while ensuring the outcome of these projects are aligned with the security objectives to scale trust for Flexport and its global trade ecosystem.
You must be able to initiate and manage Business Technology programs with solid understanding of the underlying security objectives, communicate clearly among stakeholders and team members, and have a consistent track record of delivery. You are proactive in creating program roadmap, developing and following through on project plans, identifying program/project dependencies and headwinds, facilitating resolutions, and can handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. You are able to curate and present relevant data and artifacts that facilitates informed decision making.
What you'll need:
- Directly support the Business Technology function within Global IT and partner with Security, Business and Product teams in program design and the corresponding design & implementation of multiple projects.
- Understand, articulate, and execute towards the objectives of being a trustworthy business via creating and collecting relevant program and operational artifacts.
- Works alongside technology owners, other PgMs, and leadership cross-functionally to intake, plan and execute against business technology initiatives. Manage delivery of complex technology projects with clarity, transparency and accountability to meet security objectives in a diverse environment with multiple stakeholders and multiple resource pools. Technology projects can span all business or business-supporting G&A functions as required.
- Manage project operational aspects, scope, change management, and track scheduled progress through the appropriate metrics to meet changing needs and requirements. Ensure the timely management of dashboards, tasks, timelines, issues and process documentation. Accurately tracks status, requests updates, and communicates to customers and cross-functional teams.
- Collect business and project requirements to fold into the design and execution of the programs / projects managed as required. Lead sprint design and allocation planning within direct project teams as related to org initiatives. Builds effective cross-functional relationships among team members and stakeholders.
- Understands product development lifecycle and software development lifecycle. Helps to facilitate strategic and tactical conversations to align technology roadmap with product roadmap. Lead Agile processes across multiple functions within the CISO org.
- Align secure enterprise processes and capabilities for Flexport business users under the guidance of program and organizational leadership. Continuously improve and scale processes via technologies and artifacts to increase effectiveness of CISO organization.
- Communicate clearly, timely and effectively to management on the plans, processes, status and critical issues. Escalate urgent issues appropriately and drive them to closure to remove obstacles.
- Sample projects and programs may include but are not limited to: Integration framework optimization for multiple business areas, automation of workflows that improve general and business productivity, new business technology implementation and/or existing business technology augmentation, etc.
- Leverage existing program tools and best practices, keep lights on for technical program management and strengthen the feedback loop by bringing new requirements and ideas to the team for continuous improvement.
- Have a bias to action. Be driven, be organized, be resourceful with a "can-do" attitude.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- At least 3 years of technical program management experience in 3 or more business technology domains such as Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Partner Ecosystems, Finance, Human Resources, Legal, and/or other business or business-supporting G&A functions; or 5+ years of non-TPM experience in such domains with strong technical aptitude and solid program/project delivery track record.
- Understanding of the relationships between business technology functions and security, and the corresponding enterprise engagement requirements.
- Proven ability to demonstrate leading project teams and navigating through ambiguity.
- Ability to pivot and adapt to change quickly.
- Experiences conducting business analysis, technical analysis, system administration and/or technical program/project management on SaaS-based enterprise secure architecture and integration tools for internal business and G&A functions.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That's why it's our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We're excited about the three big ways we're moving forward after our $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don't be! We're building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That's why it's incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What's freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it's what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That's why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated, and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, creed, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.