Shape the future of Flexport!The Opportunity:
Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 1,000+ Flexporters across 14 global offices and warehouses. And we're just getting started. The Recruiting team is focused on building the talent to support and fuel our exciting growth plans.
Our Maker's Technology team is driving Flexport's future, and as a Senior Technical Recruiter you would enable that growth through attracting and hiring stellar engineers across North America. You'll use your business acumen, full-cycle recruiting skills, and partnering capabilities to grow Flexport's Engineering year over year. You will build trust with engineers and leaders effortlessly, are opinionated about recruiting programs, and, most all, excited about Flexport's opportunity to modernize one of the largest untapped opportunities on the planet.
Our team values candor, long-term thinking, and teamwork. We're a small but mighty team and are committed to big results. We're looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment and is unafraid to embrace new ideas and contribute to future success.
**This opportunity is a 6-12 month contract position with potential to convert to full time**
- Enhance Flexport's effort to attract, recruit, and retain diverse talent.
- Serve as the primary Recruiting Partner for Engineering and recruit full-cycle, from source to hire
- Partner with hiring managers to understand their hiring objectives and develop team recruiting strategies to hit headcount goals.
- Interface with Engineering leaders, sharing candidate & pipeline data to drive improvements in the recruiting process
- Consistently generate a healthy pipeline of high-quality candidates by driving initiatives across sourcing, branding, events, and employee referral channels.
- Provide timely reporting of key metrics and insights to drive decisions and improve processes.
- 8+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience (in-house experience preferred)
- Experience partnering with hiring teams throughout the recruiting process, acting as an effective hiring partner and trusted advisor.
- Experience sourcing and closing senior positions.
- Proven abilities to attract passive senior candidates and build a diverse pipeline.
- Relentless drive to find and connect with the best talent.
- Ability to connect and effectively communicate with people of all levels.
- Exceptional teamwork and multi-tasking skills.
- Experience thriving and prioritizing in a constantly changing environment.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That's why it's our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We're excited about the three big ways we're moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don't be! We're building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That's why it's incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What's freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it's what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That's why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.