Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 1,000+ Flexporters across 14 global offices and warehouses. And we're just getting started. As a Senior Optimization Associate you'll join a team of experts whose mission is to deliver pricing and optimization excellence.
We work closely with our technology teams to maintain tool, process, and data consistency across the globe and all service offerings. This includes designing intelligent pricing models for execution in the field. Successful team members can think in algorithms but communicate with anyone. This team works across many groups within Flexport including Engineering & Product, Data Science, Data Analytics, Trade Lane Management, Sales, Operations, and Finance.
You should have:
- Engage with multiple teams across the business to generate quantitative business requirements to optimize pricing & planning
- Support build of quantitative tooling in python to optimize pricing & planning working closely with data science and analytics teams
- Structure business processes and generate standard operating procedures across multiple projects working with program managers
- Lead quantitative projects end to end within multiple programs in the yield management space, closely working with stakeholders across the business
- Build effective dashboarding using SQL and looker for business teams to manage the global business across multiple facets of yield management (pricing, planning and cost structuring)
- Drive track & measurement for key results across different quantitative variables in the business to optimize pricing & planning
- Engage with product and data science teams to build out long term quantitative systems
- Over 3 years experience in a quantitative/business role
- Excellent ability in building quantitative models using MS Excel / Google sheets or other quantitative tooling
- Ability to have engagement with data science teams, talking in algorithms and quantitative concepts whilst incorporating business concepts
- Demonstrated ability to learn new business supply/demand concepts quickly
- Strong stakeholder management skills, managing project timelines and deliverables effectively.
- Strong ability to write and present quantitative concepts to many business stakeholders.
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization and planning skills. Attention to detail and event improvement in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- BSc in quantitative/business discipline
- SQL and very strong skill set in looker / other analytical applications
- Preferred: Ability to code in Python.
- Proficient in MS Office or Google apps
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That's why it's our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We're excited about the three big ways we're moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don't be! We're building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That's why it's incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What's freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it's what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That's why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.