Flexport is building the first modern logistics platform to make global trade easier for everyone. We are solving complex problems on a global scale, and disrupting a multi-trillion dollar industry that has remained stubbornly unchanged.
We are looking for a product management intern to help create world-class customer experiences that progress the evolution of global trade. With a customer-first mindset and deep empathy for customer needs, you will work alongside a team of highly-skilled engineers, designers, data scientists, and freight forwarding experts in building the interface between our customers and the movement of their goods. The products you build will empower our customers to optimize their end-to-end supply chains and run more successful businesses.
You should be:
- Work with a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, and business stakeholders to bring your product vision to life
- Become a domain expert by diving deep to understand the market, domain, competitive landscape, and how Flexport can change it all from the ground up
- Understand customer and business needs, define clear requirements to enable designers and engineers to execute efficiently, and jointly make rapid progress building the highest-impact products
- Innovate and launch features quickly and incrementally
- Make data driven decisions and implement metrics to understand your team's progress and impact
- Be a strong voice for your team, communicating feature releases and managing expectations with stakeholders inside and outside the company
- Add to our product culture and continuously improve Flexport's product processes
You will get:
- Pursuing a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Strong technical competence – you can discuss trade-offs with engineers
- Ability to reason with data – you can define clear success metrics and go deep in understanding how to pull and structure data in the right way
- Ability to convey ideas effectively, listen intently, write strong product requirements, and drive consensus across functions and teams
- Crystal clear communication and presentation skills, with a bias toward over-communication and inclusivity
- Ability to deal with ambiguity – given an open-ended task, you can deliver great work with minimal supervision
- A growth mindset and a willingness to dive into new challenges and learn
- Available for Twelve weeks of full-time during June - September
- An assigned manager and mentor who will be dedicated to your success at Flexport
- Projects and assignments which will help build your knowledge and skills while making a direct impact on the business
- Visibility to leaders within the organization and opportunities to present your work/projects
- Opportunity to join team building activities to get you familiarized with both your immediate team and other Flexport employees
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That's why it's our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We're excited about the three big ways we're moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don't be! We're building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That's why it's incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What's freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it's what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That's why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.