Join us to solve real world problems while shaping the future of global trade.The opportunity:
As a result of our global expansion, we're looking to hire a Partnerships Manager, Americas to join our growing Americas Partners Team. This role will work in a cross-functional environment, partnering closely not only with our forwarding and customs partners, but also different teams across the company to achieve our shared goals. You'll get substantial leadership exposure, focus on the highest priority business issues, and be plugged into every facet of the business.You will:
You should have:
- Performance manage the 10+ freight forwarding and customs partners Flexport uses in South America, Central America, and the Caribbean leveraging global performance metrics, targets, dashboards, and reporting to drive quality and consistency of operations
- Own exceptions and escalations on shipments operated by assigned Flexport Partners (supported by Partner Operations Associates)
- Work with partners to plan sufficient resources necessary to support Flexport's rapid growth
- Drive continuous performance improvement within assigned partners through digital adoption, process improvement, and ongoing enablement
- Own sourcing, vetting, and onboarding of new freight forwarding and customs partners where needed
- Sell the Flexport brand to create excitement and willing exclusivity
- Be a trusted advisor and coach to partners; continuously identify gaps and develop solutions focused on process standardization for both operations team and partners
- Contribute to the development and implementation of next gen partner software, including localization requirements for assigned markets
- Ensure partners operate with a high level of integrity and compliance to global regulatory requirements
- Establish clear metrics and follow through for success of your country/region
- Leverage the network to create more commercial opportunities through our internal sales organization or through our partners
- Own the success of the market/markets that you are responsible for
- BA/BS degree with 6-8 years of professional logistics, supply chain, projects, programs or consulting experience specifically related to the LATAM;
- Fluent Spanish and/or Portugues skills & professional experience within LATAM market desired;
- Strategic vision and ground floor execution;
- Strong ability to build relationships with local partners in the diverse cultural context of LATAM;
- Solid negotiation skills and ability to influence without authority;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, able to connect within partner organizations at multiple levels;
- Execute end to end with world class follow through;
- Next-level attention to detail and the drive to deliver ahead of schedule with a servant leadership approach;
- A system and process oriented mindset;
- Ability to travel locally, nationally and internationally;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That's why it's our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We're excited about the three big ways we're moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don't be! We're building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That's why it's incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What's freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it's what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That's why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation