Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Each of these customers faces significant working capital burdens that hamper their ability to grow their businesses. Over the past two years, Flexport Capital has provided over $200 million in loans to Flexport customers to address these needs, and we're just getting started. As a start-up within a start-up, we are growing while building the foundations for long-term success, and having fun while doing it.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial, operations-focused, and data-driven individual to join our tight-knit team. They will own operations and analytics for the entire loan portfolio and serve as an operational backbone of Flexport Capital. Due to the early-stage nature of the Flexport Capital business, they will also have a key role leading and executing operational strategic projects related to existing and new products. The ideal candidate will be excited to roll up their sleeves and fill the gap where needed, while being bold enough to initiate change and have the candor to speak their minds to help drive innovation in the exciting world of trade finance.
What you'll do
What you'll need
- Lead and manage a team of 2 Operations Analysts/Associates
- Monitor production metrics of the team on a daily basis, holding team members accountable for service-level adherence and process conformance
- Oversee daily lending operations, focusing on setting high standards for operational excellence and exceptional client satisfaction
- Manage Flexport Capital's data and reporting environment, coordinating with Data Analytics team to track business performance
- Liaise with Finance, Legal, Compliance, Product, Sales, and Client Solutions stakeholders to gather feedback and implement process improvements
- Develop a roadmap of improvement projects, including operationalizing new products
- 5+ years of experience in an operations role at a tech startup, consumer/retail or logistics/supply chain company OR 5+ years experience in management consulting, advisory or accounting firm
- BA/BS required; undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business, Economics, or Finance preferred; MBA is a plus
- Strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, balancing both accuracy and efficiency
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to lead cross-functional initiatives and collaborate across business lines
- Next-level communication skills and empathy to discover pain points and build solutions to improve the customer experience
- Experience identifying and driving improvements to processes by engaging with different functions throughout the company
- Courage to challenge the status quo and improve existing processes and procedures
- Ability to adapt to rapid changes typical of a start-up
- Software/systems implementation experience is a plus
- Strong technical skills – Excel and SQL (or aptitude to learn)
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That's why it's our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We're excited about the three big ways we're moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.