We are reinventing global trade.The opportunity
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, Wells Fargo, & Softbank.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we're excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you're guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
The Developer Experience team is rapidly growing, and we are looking for an engineering manager to lead the team that focuses on optimizing the developer experience and maximizing engineering productivity. Our applications are currently running on Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS), but with our recent migration to Service-oriented architecture (SOA), we're starting to push the limits. We are building the Flexport Kubernetes Engine (FKE) to support stateful and stateless workloads and integrate multiple AWS managed services. This team builds our CI/CD pipeline, enabling deployments to our various environments on this new infrastructure.
What you'll do:
What you'll need:
- Recruit, build and lead the team developing the tools that enable rapid software development of our services and applications.
- Create a strong product and architectural vision with a demonstrated ability to communicate, advocate, and execute on that vision.
- Collaborate across engineering teams to align project priorities and requirements.
- Represent your team with leaders across different parts of our organization.
- Participate in critical technical design and product discussions of various initiatives.
- Invest in the development and coaching required for each team member's success.
- Manage, measure, and communicate the team's progress toward goals.
Where you'll work:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams that built and operated critical developer tooling.
- Experience with K8S and CI/CD tools, including the benefits and challenges.
Our flagship office is on Market Street in San Francisco, but we also have engineering teams working out of our locations in Bellevue and Chicago. As a truly global company, we don't let geography slow us down. We rotate hack-a-thons and move Flexporters all around the world.
Investing your time with Flexport means having an immediate impact, all over the world. You're empowered to do what's best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world's experience in global trade.
Culture & Values
- Learn more at www.keyvalues.com/flexport
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That's why it's our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We're excited about the three big ways we're moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don't be! We're building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That's why it's incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What's freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it's what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That's why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one-week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated, and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, creed, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.