We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, Wells Fargo, & Softbank.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we're excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you're guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
We're looking for an experienced Director of Technical Program Management to build and lead a global team of Technical Program Managers (TPM) that will drive program execution for our technology team. You will own a portfolio of key technology initiatives that are at the forefront of reshaping the entire logistics & supply chain industries. You'll work alongside Product and Engineering leaders to implement best practices for high quality product delivery. Your portfolio will create world class technology products that solve real-world supply chain problems and streamline inefficiencies in the complex global trade industry. You'll have the opportunity to reshape an industry by creating the new operating system for global trade.
What you'll do:
What you'll need:
- Manage & develop a global team of between 6-8 experienced Technical Program Managers (TPM) & Program Managers
- You own and are accountable for a portfolio Flexport key initiatives. As a leader, you can mobilize and inspire both your direct reports and the company at large to execute on long-term, strategic plans.
- You shape the organizational structure, program processes, hiring plans, and career development of future program leaders.
- Coach and mentor Technical program Managers to achieve program goals. Be responsible for successful delivery of a portfolio of technology initiatives (& achievement of Objectives & Key Results)
- Build strong relationships with Technology and Business stakeholders, manage escalations and customer concerns
- Partner with Product Management & Engineering to create effective product roadmaps with mapped dependencies, aligned with company priorities through quarterly planning using a framework like SAFe
- Responsible for improving technology program management maturity at Flexport.
- Partner with other Directors of Program Management, Agile delivery services & peer leaders to implement consistent program management methodologies suited to the product delivery environment in Flexport
- Partner with Product, Engineering, Data & IT leadership to improve execution maturity, product delivery of the company.
- Support the Program Execution head in resource planning, developing program execution services and team development
- Partner with the office of the CTO to improve OKR tracking as well as overall execution
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline with 10+ years of related technical program management experience
- People management experience of 5+ years of leading/managing/hiring TPM teams
- Experience with program managing large-scale, cross-functional programs related to enterprise systems, API integrations, cloud managed services
- Strong in agile/scrum processes, project/program planning, organization and time management. Strong understanding of technology architecture concepts, software & product development,
- Strategic thinker that has helped organizations scale & mature technology execution.
- Proven track record of collaborating with product management, engineering, UX, Data and Infrastructure to make program execution successful.
- Be data and metrics driven
- Able to effectively manage ambiguity and competing priorities. Help teams prioritize and focus
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Excellent communication and presentation skills for engineering and product teams as well as for business and executive teams
Where you'll work:
- Experience working with Jira/Confluence
- Experience with planning functions of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
Our flagship office is on Market Street in San Francisco, but we also have engineering teams working out of our locations in Bellevue and Chicago. As a truly global company, we don't let geography slow us down. We rotate hack-a-thons and move Flexporters all around the world.
Investing your time with Flexport means having an immediate impact, all over the world. You're empowered to do what's best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world's experience in global trade.
Culture & Values
- Learn more at www.keyvalues.com/flexport
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That's why it's our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We're excited about the three big ways we're moving forward after our $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don't be! We're building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That's why it's incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What's freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it's what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That's why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated, and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, creed, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.