Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly's edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers' applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly's customers include many of the world's most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
We're looking for an HRIS Specialist to join our Business Systems team which is responsible for the architecture, infrastructure and development of our people systems. Starting in 2021, Fastly is undergoing a Workday implementation. With this transformative project being a key priority for the Fastly organization, we are looking for a creative individual to help us sustain our current systems and assist in the implantation of the overall Workday solution. Our goal is to have an integrated People Systems ecosystem to deliver solutions that efficiently support our business processes and organizational programs.
What You'll Do
What We're Looking For
- Handle day to day production issues.
- Design, configure, test, and implement new and/or improved functionality
- Support the configuration, integration and maintenance of our People systems including Ultipro, Workday, Greenhouse, and Bridge.
- Perform Ultipro administrative functions including user administration, security maintenance, business process configuration, data loads, integrations, and upgrades.
- Promote and establish standard methodologies in business systems analysis, design and testing to ensure the team is providing outstanding quality work that meets compliance needs and is earning trust throughout the company.
- Find opportunities to train HR users on new features and development
- Ensure documentation and processes are complete to satisfy audit requirements
- Assist with building reports and dashboards
- 3-5 years of experience designing and supporting People systems and their peripheral ecosystem.
- Bachelor's in Business Administration or Information Technology.
- Experience in business analysis and process improvement in a fast-paced high-growth environment.
- Familiarity with Ultipro, Greenhouse, Bridge, Workday.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate clearly with both internal partners and external development resources plus extensive experience in process documentation.
- Self-motivated, creative and adaptable with clear analytical, problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated history of successfully building and supporting multiple system implementations.
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly's home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful - every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we're not 'one size fits all'. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We're always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
- Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.