Looking for a company where you can craft how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you'll be supported in challenging convention, doing things differently, and innovating? Where you'll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 25 years ago? Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
As a Sr. Designer, you'll focus on building intuitive experiences that help our sellers fulfill their orders and help buyers and sellers understand where their orders are. This role will envision and craft outstanding user experiences for the world’s largest online marketplace with over 100 million shoppers and 25+ million sellers. Using design creativity and user-centered design principles, you will work with cross-functional teams that are reinventing the social, mobile, local commerce landscape on a grand scale to and address exciting new business opportunities. Your responsibility in this role is to craft elegant and simple interfaces that solve sophisticated interaction problems. Strong interaction design skills underpinned by strong visual design and content design skills are required for this role.
We work across the product development cycle and pride ourselves for solving really big problems with design thinking. You will work collaboratively with our data, design, product and engineering teams. You will be responsible for crafting ideas, rallying support, communications, and interface design for the Seller and Buyer experiences. You'll support and guide our team in making sophisticated, moving, smart things and drive engagement and trust within eBay.Responsibilities
- Build world-class, user-centered designs incorporating business requirements, product takeaways, and customer feedback
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, and prototypes
- Participate in user research, testing and product discovery
- Communicate design work and negotiate strategic direction with peers, researchers, design leaders, product partners and executives
- Leadership – self-starter with proactive stance toward achieving success on projects
- Communication skills – strong verbal, written, and visual presentation skills
- Strong interaction design skills and visual design skills, as well as a strong grasp of English language in order to build and share simple user flows
- Strong communication skills – build positive working relationships with team members
- Hands-on design skills – ability to create organized information architecture maps, demonstrate knowledge of UCD methodology
- Confidence – Ability to speak openly about solutions, understand business requirements, and be technical enough to work closely with developers
- Proven experience as a UX designer, interaction designer or similar role
- Strong understanding of the user-centered design process
- Experience in design research, including competitive and landscape analysis, pattern research, qualitative interviews, and crafting insights from observation
- Specialist in designing across multiple devices from mobile, tablet, and desktop
- Experience working with product managers and developers to deliver great experiences
- Able to understand detail and find radically simple solutions that delight users
- Expert in design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Figma, Principle, Invision, Zeplin, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design or equivalent
- A portfolio that showcases relevant design projects and includes your process, design explorations and final work
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.