eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world.
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
About the team:
The Node.js frameworks team at eBay is seeking a hardworking and motivated platform engineer. You will work on platform and frameworks that powers eBay’s web/mobile front-end experiences. We are part of eBay’s Infrastructure Engineering (IE) org under Platform Engineering (PE), and that makes us engineers for engineers.
Here are the preferred skills we are looking for:
- Experience with any Node.JS HTTP framework (like ExpressJS etc.)
- Experience with templates (like React, Webpack, Marko, Lasso, Mustache, Handlebars etc.)
- Experience in building front-end web applications
- Experience with using Node.JS debugging, profiling and performance measuring tools
- Experience with build tools, code coverage and testing frameworks (like Istanbul, Mocha, ESLint, Grunt, Gulp…etc.)
- Experience with web application frameworks such as Angular.js, Backbone.js and jQuery
- Knowledge of building RESTful web services
- Knowledge on functional programming (like callbacks, Promise, error handling, higher order etc.)
- Knowledge of Node.JS concepts (like event loop, cluster, memory management)
- Drive design/architectural direction
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving ability and analytical skills
- Help advance eBay technical culture through presentations, blogging, conferences and other social participation
- Result driven person with a focus on delivery in a high-velocity and high-availability environment
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ Node.js and/or Java
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.