Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage, and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to help millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose-driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
About the team
In eBay Stores, you will be an integral member of a growing organization that inspires passion, courage, and inventiveness - creating the future of global commerce and making an important, positive impact on millions of eBay sellers and shoppers around the world.
Technical expertise, curiosity, commitment, pride, respect, teamwork and good communication
skills are what we’re looking for. We expect someone with solid computer science fundamentals, a strong drive for results, thrives on continuous innovation, dreams big, self-starts, learns fast, gets things done while having fun.
We are seeking a strong Java backend engineer with sharp coding skills.
- Collaborate closely with peers to develop innovative solutions that meet functional and non-functional standards and expectations.
- Be involved in development, testing, release, triage, bug fix, documentation and work in an Agile environment. Use of tools like JIRA, Git, CICD and other internal eBay tools on a regular basis to organize work and deliver features.
- Define OpenAPI service contracts and implement with full testing.
- Follow Java coding guidelines in all projects.
- Participate in technical design and code reviews and provide feedback to other engineers on the team.
- Accurately scope tasks and deliver them on schedule
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field plus 2+ years of experience in working on Java based applications.
- Thorough understanding in computer science fundamentals, data structures and algorithms and extensive experience in building highly available, scalable and robust applications.
- Excellent object oriented design and coding skills in Java or other OO languages, hands-on experience using unit/integration test frameworks to build fully automated software applications
- Experience with bug triaging and debugging techniques, logging and monitoring systems, application and query performance tuning
- Good understanding of web services and SOA related standards like REST/OAuth/JSON
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.