Are you looking for a company that inspires passion, courage, and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you are interested in joining a purpose-driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.About the team:
We are the Buyer Growth team in the Buyer Experience Organization. Our team is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to work on key parts of ebay like the Home page, Deals, Events, My eBay, Global Navigation, Vertical Experiences like Post Sale Authentication for Watches & Sneakers and Certified Refurbished, Growth Products, and various other engagement experiences. You’ll be working with a world class team of engineers, designers, product managers, and analysts to create great products that make a difference on one of the world’s most visited and loved websites.
Do you want to make an impact on the world’s largest e-commerce website? Are you interested in building performance efficient, high-volume, highly scalable and resilient distributed systems? We have a place for you!About the Role:
We are looking for a exceptionally talented backend Engineer to work in the Buyer Growth team, who is responsible for handling Buyer experience in the eBay marketplace. As a self-motivated and hardworking member of our team, you will work with extremely hardworking peers in a fun environment. You will work in an agile environment with a focus on problem solving and engineering perfection.Job Responsibilities
- Define, design, and implement highly scalable, resilient and performant distributed systems
- Work throughout all phases of the software development life cycle independently as well as work jointly with other team members
- Collaborate with architects, product management, engineering, QE and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions alignment to development goals and principles
- Lead product design, produce clear, well-documented design docs, and participate in design and code reviews
- Voice support for and communicate your design, methods, and results to a community of developers, analysts, and product managers
- Provide technical guidance, coaching, mentorship to develop and improve performance of individual team members and success of overall team
- Strictly follow Definition of Done (DoD) process for better quality by maintaining over 80% unit test coverage and other release criteria standards
- Responsible for leading engineering support, release, and on-call responsibilities for an always-on 24x7 site
- 12+ years of software design and development experience, solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, OOPs, and OOA/D
- 8+ years of experience in software development using Java, SOAP, RESTful Web Services. Experience with NodeJS is a major plus.
- Strong experience developing applications using an industry standard RDBMS, NoSQL, and ElasticSearch
- Strong experience in designing, and building highly scalable and available back-end systems and services for large web sites
- Proven results-oriented person with a delivery focused in a fast paced and dynamic environment. Must demonstrate a sense of ownership to plan, execute and drive the product work to successful completion and be successful in a collaborative environment
- Experience with agile development methodologies, Test Driven Development (TDD) and CI/CD
- Ability to think innovative and chip into the success of the products, processes and customer experience
- Ability to adapt to changing business priorities and to thrive under pressure
- Excellent decision-making, communication and collaboration skills
- MS + 10 years of experience or bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science or Other Related 4yr Technical Degree) + 12 years of experience
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.