In this age of disruption, organizations need to navigate the future with confidence by tapping into the power of data analytics, robotics, and cognitive technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI). Our Strategy & Analytics portfolio helps clients leverage rigorous analytical capabilities and a pragmatic mindset to solve the most complex of problems. By joining our team, you will play a key role in helping to our clients uncover hidden relationships from vast troves of data and transforming the Government and Public Services marketplace.
Work you'll do
The Data Scientist will participate on the team that will design, develop, and deploy machine learning models to help government clients use data to manage its operations. Specifically, the Data Scientist will participate in a wide variety of Natural Language Processing activities to enable search and other related functions. The kinds of activities performed by the Data Scientist will include but not be limited to:
- Selecting appropriate machine learning models for tasks and building and training working versions of those models using Python and other open-source tools
- Designing deployment architectures for machine learning models
- Training users on principles used to develop models and how to interact with models to facilitate their business processes
- Building and prioritizing backlog for future machine-learning enabled features to support client business processes
- Customizing Elasticsearch features to support clients search process
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
The GPS Analytics and Cognitive (A&C) offering is responsible for developing advanced analytics products and applying data visualization and statistical programming tools to enterprise data in order to advance and enable the key mission outcomes for our clients. Our team supports all phases of analytic work product development, from the identification of key business questions through data collection and ETL, and from performing analyses and using a wide range of statistical, machine learning, and applied mathematical techniques to delivery insights to decision-makers. Our practitioners give special attention to the interplay between data and the business processes that produce it and the decision-makers that consume insights.
- Active Secret security clearance required (or higher)
- Bachelor's degree required
- 2+ years of professional experience
- 2+ years of experience with Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing
- 2+ years of experience programming in Python
- 1+ year of experience with the ElasticSearch tool
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Previous Federal Consulting and/or professional services experience
- Applied knowledge of AWS/cloud development and solutions architecture
- Displays both breadth and depth of knowledge regarding functional and technical issues
- Experience presenting to clients or other decision makers to present and sell ideas to various audiences (technical and non-technical)
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.