Are you an analytical problem solver with a passion for investigating complex business issues? Are you interested in working with a dynamic team that uses market leading technology to identify emerging threats and minimize risk within their client's environment? If so, Deloitte could be the place for you!
Work you'll do
Seeking investigators and intelligence specialists with experience in due diligence, litigation support, fraud and other investigations. We provide our clients with comprehensive reporting tailored to meet their specific requests and requirements, while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality and discretion. On each assignment, our professionals uncover, analyze and report relevant information to help clients make informed decisions.
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping government initiatives today. Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the GPS practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the marketplace.
Our GPS professionals help finance leaders solve complex issues impacting risk, integrity and efficiency. Our team helps clients prepare for financial close, address compliance regulations, improve process and controls around financial reporting, and implement new accounting requirements. Our practice can provide the support organizations need with a comprehensive approach to tackle the most challenging accounting and financial issues that impact risk within an agency environment.
Our team performs background investigations of parties suspected of wrongdoing and undisclosed business affiliations, or looks into whether parties are living beyond their means. We seek to uncover direct and circumstantial evidence of fraud, as well as any prior financial, legal, regulatory or criminal problems, or links to organized crime. When appropriate, we apply link analysis software to visually demonstrate the relationships between subject individuals and entities, or the flow of misappropriated funds.
Looking to join a dynamic team that utilizes cutting edge approaches and innovative technology to identify and mitigate emerging threats within our client's environment? If you are interested in finding solutions for our clients without the extensive demands of travel, you should consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center (USDC)! We bring together cohesive teams with a focus on thought diversity and collaborative problem solving to address client challenges efficiently and effectively. The USDC is growing rapidly and we are actively seeking the right professionals to join our team!
- 3+ years of investigative background experience (could include schoolwork)
- 3 + years of general investigative experience
- Demonstrated experience with open source intelligence, and ability to conduct investigative research using online databases and public record resources
- Ability to analyze and summarize documents and written materials in an organized report format
- Ability to create dynamic deliverables in many formats (Word, i2, PPT)
- Demonstrated interest in business or legal issues and/or strong research background
- Demonstrated ability to conduct investigative research using online databases and public record resources Ability to analyze and summarize documents and written materials in an organized report format
- Communicate effectively to all levels of engagement management
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United Stated without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Ability to maintain the required clearance level of Secret (or higher) for this role
How you'll grow
- MBA, JD, or MA in Criminal Justice or International Relations
- Ability to perform legal research (PACER, Westlaw) and/or intellectual property research (WIPO, USPTO)
- Experience using commercial due diligence databases (Accurint, Lexis)
- Experience with Visual and Link Analysis (i2, Tableau)
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.