Role- Cloud Security Manager/Architect
As a Cyber Cloud Security Manager/Architect, you will be at the front lines with our clients supporting them with their cloud security needs to securely navigate their journey to the cloud on the leading cloud platforms, by implementing industry leading practices around cyber risks and cloud security for clients. The Cloud Security Architect will leverage broad technical knowledge of the security practices of key public cloud offerings of providers such as Amazon Web Services, Azure or Google to establish secure design patterns, to architect integrations with customers’ existing security policies, and to assist in ensuring the security and compliance of the cloud environment.
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) on cloud cyber risk for at least one of the leading cloud platforms (AWS, Microsoft Azure/ Office 365, GCP, Alibaba Cloud, Oracle Cloud) for senior business and technology stakeholders.
- Lead the Cloud Security Infrastructure Design and Architecture on client engagements.
- Lead Cyber Risk teams as part of Cloud Transformation projects at industry leading clients using cloud platform (such as AWS, Azure, GCP, Alibaba Cloud, Oracle Cloud) services.
- Educate business and technology stakeholders on value propositions of cloud and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud (such as AWS, Azure, GCP, Alibaba Cloud, Oracle Cloud).
- Capture and share leading-practice knowledge amongst the technology community.
- Lead/support implementation of cloud environments and agile application development technologies in areas of software development, integration, and test of software applications and infrastructure.
- Lead the architecting and design of complex cloud solutions for clients.
- Review and finalize reference architectures for cloud native high-performance environments, designing business solutions in cloud, developing deployment, migration, operation and monitoring guides.
- Lead the deploying, managing, operating, enhancing, and automating of client's AWS, Azure, GCP environments.
- Execute on Cloud security engagements during different phases of the lifecycle – assess, design, and implementation.
- Coordinate enhancements and deployment efforts and provide insight and recommendations for implementing cloud security solutions.
- Lead cloud security assessments and provide recommendations on required configurations for client cloud platforms (such as AWS, Azure, GCP, Alibaba Cloud, Oracle Cloud) and environments based on Deloitte’s Cloud Cyber Risk Framework and industry standard frameworks such as ISO, CSA-CSM and NIST. This can include cloud-native or third-party solutions including directory services (e.g., LDAP, Azure Active Directory (AAD)), infrastructure (compute/networking/storage) services, data protection services, security monitoring, logging, PaaS services, and SaaS services (e.g., Office 365).
- Develop strategic and tactical security remediation recommendations / cyber risk roadmap to address identified security gaps. Copyright © 2020 Deloitte Development LLC. All rights reserved
- Lead cybersecurity controls testing across client’s cloud environments to determine control effectiveness and adherence to both internal cybersecurity policies and standards and external requirements (e.g. certifications, laws, regulations and contracts).
- Design and develop cloud platform-specific security policies, standards, and procedures for management group and account/subscription management and configuration (e.g. Azure Policy, Azure Security Center, AWS Config), identity management and access control, firewall management, auditing and monitoring, security incident and event management, data protection, user and administrator account management, SSO, conditional access controls and password/secrets management.
- Troubleshoot problems with cloud infrastructure (e.g., domain name service, virtual network peering, dedicated cloud connectivity services – Azure ExpressRoute, AWS DirectConnect, Google Cloud Dedicated Interconnect) and resources (e.g., virtual machines, virtual networks, cloud databases) in a multi-cloud vendor environment and lead analysis of technical platform issues, client communication, and resolution as part of cyber risk mitigation steps.
- Assist clients in the selection and tailoring of approaches, methods, and tools to support cloud adoption for secure migration of existing workloads to a cloud vendor. This may cover services such as tenant setup and service configuration focused on cloud cyber risk mitigation, IAM (e.g., PIM/PAM, MFA, SSO, Conditional Access), data protection (e.g., DLP, encryption, PKI), network security (e.g., firewalls, WAF), etc.
- Perform cloud orchestration and automation (Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)) in single and multi-tenant environments using tools like Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt etc.
- Design, implement, manage, and automate DevSecOps capabilities in cloud offerings using CI/CD toolsets and automation (e.g., Boto3, Lambda, Azure Functions, Google Functions, Python, JSON).
- Ensure DevSecOps systems we build are robust in the sense they can scale, handle rapid growth, and limit exposure to single points of failure and security vulnerabilities.
- Manage entire deployment pipelines working with tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt stack, etc.
- Demonstrate deep understanding of testing methodologies, test automation and software development principles.
- Champion Agile leading-practices, processes, and tools in support of DevSecOps processes with respect to Test Automation.
- Monitor and maintain multiple (DevSecOps) environments based on requirements.
- Improve agility and resilience of cloud environments identifying opportunities to reduce IT operations through automation.
- Support and enable team members across both technical and management leadership capacities.
- Support Managed Services team on client calls as necessary as an SME.
- Provide internal cloud security technical training to Advisory personnel as needed.
- Lead the team on proposals, whitepapers, proof of concepts, technical eminence materials and firm initiatives
- 5+ years of information technology and/or information security experience
- 3+ years in an engineering role designing and supporting public clouds – AWS, GCP, Azure.
- 3+ years of hands-on technical experience with at least one cloud platform in security or infrastructure implementation and operations.
- 5+ years of hands-on technical experience with infrastructure systems such as networking (e.g. WAF, Firewall and load balancing), operating systems, SCCM and endpoint engineering, and infrastructure automation implementation or operations.
- 3+ years of working with different Cloud platforms (Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)) and environments (Public, Private, Hybrid).
- 3+ years of working experience with Virtualization including security for one or more of the following: Compute, Network, Storage, End-point, Application.
- Depth of experience with multiple security technologies such as Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, Vulnerability Scanning, WAF, Wireless LAN, NAC, DLP, DDoS Mitigation, WAN security, CASB, SIEM, Content Filtering, Cloud Security gateways, Secure Proxies, SSL crypto solutions, and automation.
- Demonstrated capability to design, deploy, operationalize and automate secure and highly scalable enterprise systems on public cloud – AWS, Azure and Google.
- Experience with secure software development, data protection, cryptography, key management, identity and access management (IAM), network security (VPNs) within cloud environments.
- Experience in architecting and deploying secure software defined and virtualized networks.
- Knowledge in designing, implementing, and managing DevSecOps capabilities in cloud offerings using CI/CD toolsets and automation.
- Experience in managing pipelines and working with tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt stack and Terraform.
- Experience in installing and configuring native and third-party databases in the cloud such as MongoDB, MYSQL, Couchbase, Oracle.
- Experience in agile leading-practices, processes, and tools in support of DevSecOps processes with respect to Test Automation.
- Understanding of industry regulatory and compliance requirements (i.e., FedRAMP, PCI-DSS, NIST, HIPAA) and skilled at interpreting the compliance and security requirements into implementable and repeatable controls.
- Experience in the creation and maintenance of security policies and procedures, managing the protection of information systems and assets.
- Client interfacing, relationship building, and consulting skills
Finding the right job and preparing for the recruitment process can be tricky. Check out tips from our Deloitte recruiting professionals to set yourself up for success. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
We believe that to be an undisputed leader in professional services, we should equip you with the resources that can make a positive impact on your well-being journey. Our vision is to create a leadership culture focused on the development and well-being of our people. Here are some of our benefits and programs to support you and your family’s well-being needs. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our people and our culture make Deloitte a place where leaders thrive. Get an inside look at the rich diversity of background, education, and experiences of our people. What impact will you make? Be inspired by the stories of our people.Professional development
You want to make an impact. And we want you to make it. We can help you do that by providing you the culture, training, resources, and opportunities to help you grow and succeed as a professional. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
Requisition code: 50868