Transactional Demand Manager
What gives Dell Technologies our competitive advantage? It’s our ability to achieve cost savings as we operate at the cutting edge of technology. Working in an environment that’s as complex as it is critical, our Materials and Procurement team manages a group of indirect categories, such as real estate, marketing material, supplies or software. We use our in-depth knowledge and experience to develop strategic relationships with external suppliers as well as with key stakeholders. Our role also includes leading contract negotiations, managing risk, driving cost-saving initiatives and implementing strategic sourcing best practices.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Transactional Demand Manager on our North America Demand Planning team in Round Rock, TX.
What you’ll achieve
As a Transactional Demand Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining a healthy supply line for our transactional customers.
Your responsibilities will be to:
1. Build and maintain a weekly demand plan for a set of transactional business configurations.
2. Work with supply chain partners to ensure timely delivery of transactional supply.
3. Work with Medium and Small business partners to execute the demand plan.
4. Work with cross functional stakeholders to design and execute risk mitigation actions that eliminate oversell and undersell risk to the demand plan.
5. Monitor and communicate portfolio performance to stakeholders through regular forums and dashboards.
You will interact with: supply & demand planners, sales leaders, merchandisers, product managers, and pricing managers.
You will have the option to use and learn about: Business Intelligence, statistics, data science, automation, executive storytelling and presentations, influencing, sales & merchandising, marketing strategy.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
Expected Skills and Mindset
1. You'll need to build good relationships with cross functional teams (demand and supply planners, sales leaders, merchandisers, product managers, pricing managers).
2. You'll need to think about customer needs and transactional customer behavior to understand patterns and actionable strategies to manage the business correctly.
3. You'll need to understand the big picture to be able to communicate actions and results effectively to leaders.
4. You should have and analytical mind to be able to perform statistical analysis, build forecasts, understand patterns, and translate signals into business actions.
1. Bachelor's degree in Business, supply chain or related field.
2. 3 years of experience in a demand planning/forecasting, or relevant analytical role.
3. Good understanding of inventory management practices and procedures.
4. A passion for math, statistics and a bias to make decisions based on numbers.
5. Excellent communication skills and desire to influence leaders and executives.
My team's culture
1. We enjoy solving big and difficult problems.
2. We teach, learn from, and support each other.
3. We play fair, but play to win.
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life - while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 08 August 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R120981