Business Systems Analysis Senior Advisor
Dell Technologies drives businesses forward in a changing world. Our Business System Analyst team analyses complex business problems and resolves them using automated systems and applications. Using our skill in conveying technical information to a non-technical audience, we evaluate, analyze, define and document requirements, and then develop systems specifications and configurations for our customers that are cost effective and meet their needs. It’s all about having expertise in both end-users needs and business systems, applications and industry requirements.
Join us as a Senior Advisor, Technical Writer on our Business Systems Analysis team to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Business Systems Analysis Senior Advisor, you will be responsible for providing cost effective business systems and applications analysis in support of development of business applications. You will solicit and develop documents and manage requirements throughout project life cycle up. You will also consider the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment and review system test plans before implementation. Finally, you will evaluate and transfer end user needs to technical associates/vendors and teach end users new technology using appropriate communication tools.
- Utilize best practices around work assignments, project management and quality of output while supporting maximization of overall team performance
- Estimate and develop technical project plans for medium to high complexity projects and lead cross-functional team through delivery
- Build collaborative relationships with customers to improve services and ensure service levels are met
- Create communication plans (correspondence, presentations and other materials) for knowledge transfer to executives
- Execute medium to high complexity configuration requests, oversee configuration requests for a solution and understands implications of configuration options
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 8 to 12 years of relevant experience with solid knowledge of system development methodology, project management, system architecture and analytical/problem solving skills
- Extensive experience interpreting user needs and writing functional specifications for new systems, systems changes and/or system
- Ability to self-manage multiple projects within tight timeframes and dynamic priorities
- Ability to influence others to achieve results
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of Unix, Windows NT/2000/98, Internet Security, Oracle ERP
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life - while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
A technical writer is a professional information communicator whose task is to transfer information between two or more parties, through any medium that best facilitates the transfer and comprehension of the information. Technical writers research and create information through a variety of delivery media. Example types of information include online help, manuals, white papers, design specifications, project plans and software test plans. With the rise of e-learning, technical writers are increasingly becoming involved with creating online training material.
Job ID: R107218