Direct Sales Director
From developing brand new accounts to driving expansion across existing accounts, our Direct Sales team transforms opportunity into action every day. Whether focusing on a geographical area, product line, industry, channel or market segment, their goal is the same: to develop relationships with the end-users of the organization and generate meaningful sales. They are the direct line between our ground-breaking portfolio of product solutions and the desks of satisfied customers.
Join us as a Director on our Outside Sales team in Remote, Virginia to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Sales Director, you will be responsible for managing all sales operations for an organization or business. Also, you will build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships at strategic level.
- Directly oversee sales managers and their teams
- Understand and implement strategic direction of the direct sales organization; drive strategic account management and business pipeline development
- Understand the market in which the company and our competitors operate in, including our business/industry in general, and use that knowledge to plan future strategic customer engagements
- Provide direction, development and inspiration to the team members in the organization
- May have country manager or site lead responsibilities
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 15 to 18 years of relevant experience with at least 4 years of management / Leadership experience
- High level of solutions and technical knowledge
- Strong communication, leadership, collaboration, negotiation and executive presentation skills
- Capacity to influence and engage other internal teams and stakeholders
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government personnel security clearance; active TS SCI required
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life - while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.