Datadog's Finance team collaborates with teams across the organization, providing commercial, operational and analytical support to ensure that Datadog's business continues to grow as rapidly and efficiently as possible.
Datadog is seeking a full-time Staff Accountant to become an essential part of a company’s rapidly growing team. This individual will be responsible for assisting in the monthly close process, technical accounting research/documentation and the preparation of internal and external financial reporting.
- Perform accounting close processes; independently prepare reconciliations and journal entries.
- Assist in special projects which may involve assisting with interdepartmental initiatives and ad hoc project teams.
- Prepare consolidations and intercompany reconciliations
- Prepare P&L allocations
- Prepare accruals for month end close
- Investigate and document fluctuations in budget to actual variance analysis
- Prepare supporting documentation for any audits
- Participate in the preparation of the external & internal financial statements in accordance with U.S. GAAP, including the quarterly and annual financial statements with footnotes (10-k & 10-Q’s).
- Keep abreast of and apply U.S. GAAP, SEC regulations, and relative company policies, practices and procedures.
- Assist in researching technical accounting, analyzing, reporting and documenting issues that affect the company, making recommendations for solutions, and following through to resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA or working toward CPA
- Minimum of 2 years work experience
- Significant & relevant experience in multi-national, high-growth public companies and/or in large accounting firms
- Ability to build relationships with key external and internal stakeholders and business leaders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with NetSuite and/or Workiva a plus
- Technology industry experience a plus
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure; dependable with deliverables and deadlines, able to multitask
Datadog is a monitoring service for hybrid cloud applications, assisting organizations in improving agility, increasing efficiency, and providing end-to-end visibility across the application and organization. These capabilities are provided on a SaaS-based data analytics platform that enables DevOps and other teams to accelerate go-to-market efforts, ensure application uptime, and successfully complete digital transformation initiatives.Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For more information on how we maintain the privacy of the information you submit as part of your application, please refer to our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.