We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
At Datadog, we work at lightning speed. So when things get in the way of progress, the Business Systems team steps in to remove those roadblocks. The new and growing Business Systems team works with cross-functional stakeholders to identify time-consuming processes and develop technical solutions that are secure, efficient, reliable and scalable. The Business Systems team helps Datadog work faster and allow subject-matter experts to spend more time on value-add activities and less time on manual processes.
We are looking for a Senior Business Systems Analyst who is excited about helping business units solve business problems through automated systems. You will work cross-functionally (e.g., with Finance, HR, Sales, Customer Support) to identify gaps and provide technical expertise in scaling systems, processes and procedures in a cost effective manner. You will also help ensure proper role-based access and security controls are in place and that application licenses are being efficiently utilized.
- Partner with teams to provide technical expertise in the selection of new systems that align with Datadog’s overall systems architecture strategy
- Architect, build, and maintain system integrations to automate and scale business systems
- Learn how business systems currently function and how they are used within Datadog. Use this knowledge to identify technical and functional gaps and areas for improvement.
- Collaborate with the Security, Governance, Risk & Compliance teams to ensure business systems adhere to Datadog security and compliance standards (eg. GDPR, SOX)
- Create and maintain internal documentation and processes
- Plan, prioritize, and deliver system enhancements; executing unit, integration and acceptance testing to meet business requirements.
- Unrelenting intellectual curiosity
- Strong problem solving & technical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Ability to communicate technical solutions to non-technical end-users.
- 4+ years as a business system administrator (preferably Zendesk, Salesforce or Workday)
- 4+ years leading a medium to large sized cross-functional projects from requirements gathering to go-live across Sales, Finance, and HR.
- Prior experience integrating business systems using middleware (e.g., Workato, Mulesoft, Boomi, Zapier) and working with REST/SOAP APIs
- Prior experience making buy vs build decisions
- You want to work in a fast, high growth startup environment, and are comfortable operating within the ambiguity that comes with that
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
- Prior experience as a software engineer
- Prior experience with data privacy and security
- You can write basic scripts to automate tasks
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For more information on how we maintain the privacy of the information you submit as part of your application, please refer to our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.