We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The Continuous Security team will build and maintain infrastructure and systems required to automate the process of identifying vulnerabilities against our infrastructure, applications, and clouds through combining commercial, open source and in-house systems and services.
As a software engineer for the Continuous Security team, you will design, build and integrate tools for the next generation continuous security scanning platform that identifies vulnerabilities in our organization and deploy them on immutable infrastructure. You will collaborate with other security and engineering teams to meet the evolving security needs of our high-throughput, low-latency distributed systems.
We're looking for engineers experienced in modern infrastructure tech, cloud environments, and distributed systems.
- Design, develop, and maintain security scanning platforms, systems and services to improve vulnerability scanning and discovery capabilities
- Work across the stack to deliver new features from start-to-finish
- Research and prototype new ideas, test new open-source or commercial security tools
- Help other engineering teams rely on the security infrastructure
- You have architected, built and operated production-ready distributed systems to solve problems at scale
- You are fluent in one or more programming experience (Golang, Python, Java, etc.)
- You have experience beyond basic usage of orchestration platforms and container runtimes
- You have a high level of competency in cloud automation technologies
- You understand the value of driving efficiencies through automation, orchestration and partnerships with external teams
- You are able to work both independently and collaboratively
- You want to work in a fast, high growth environment
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
- SRE experience
- Strong interest in security
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
- High level of understanding of security principles of at least one of AWS, GCP, Azure
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.