We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The Core Index team designs, builds, and runs high-throughput, low-latency services and data systems to power the Datadog site, including real-time metric, tag, host and container indexing and search. Your data pipelines will ingest, store, analyze, and query tens of millions of events per second from companies all over the globe.
- Build distributed, high-throughput, real-time data pipelines
- Do it in Go and Python, with bits of C or other languages
- Use Kafka, Redis, Cassandra, Elasticsearch and other open-source components
- Design a way to scale up a service for more traffic
- You have significant backend programming experience in one or more languages
- You can get down to the low-level when needed
- You care about code simplicity and performance
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field or equivalent experience
- You want to work in a fast, high-growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
- You've built high scale systems with Kafka, RocksDB, Redis or Cassandra
- You wrote your own data pipelines once or twice before (and know what you'd like to change)
- You have significant experience with Go, C, or Python
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For more information on how we maintain the privacy of the information you submit as part of your application, please refer to our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.