We are a unique strategy, operations and analytics team at Datadog, a high growth cloud software company that IPO'd in September 2019. The team drives high-level strategic decision-making and runs programs to efficiently scale revenue globally.
We're seeking a people-oriented teacher to lead the delivery and execution of sales onboarding and training programs. This team member will partner with sales, product marketing, sales engineering, strategy and others to ensure that the field is equipped with the most current go-to-market strategy and messaging. The successful Sales Trainer will play a key role by introducing new sales hires to Datadog and equipping them with the tools, strategy, and messaging they'll need to successfully sell our platform.
- Deliver live and virtual sales onboarding and training programs that equip sellers with the essential knowledge and skills required to be successful in their role.
- Maintain a sales training curriculum that is highly effective and consumable by members of our sales team: including the optimization of existing content and the creation of novel training materials
- Own the outcomes of your training programs: continually measure program compliance, seller performance and business impact of each program
- Attend customer meetings and embed with our go-to-market teams to develop a clear perspective on how to improve our training programs
- Travel to other Datadog offices to conduct regional sales trainings and workshops
- 5+ years in sales or 5+ years in a training, enablement, or teaching role (can include non-sales concepts)
- Experience presenting day-long or multi-day trainings to groups of 20+ learners
- Experience developing dynamic training curriculums
- Experience and desire to work cross-functionally with experts from Sales, Marketing, Engineering and Product
- Exceptional verbal and written communicator
- Willingness and ability to travel 20-40% of the time
- BA/BS degree is required
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
- Experience working at a software-as-a-service company
- Knowledge of DevOps and Datadog's products
- Has held a quota-carrying sales role at a high-growth software company
- Certified as a trainer in our sales methodology - "Command of the Message"
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For more information on how we maintain the privacy of the information you submit as part of your application, please refer to our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.